Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9751 Phone Restrictions need to allow 1 external number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyy1023

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
It has been a long time since I have touched a Rolm (15 years) so I am looking for some guidance. We have a 9751 at our hospital campus. In the environment we have "Red" analog phones in our hallways for emergency purposes. These phone are restricted to only allow calling internal.

We have 2 different campus dial plans, 419-383 (hospital campus) and 419-530 (main campus).
We consolidated a department to our Main Campus location and have a system fwd to 419-530-2600 when a user dials 2600 at the Hospital campus.

With these phones only having the option of dialing an internal number we need to set these up to be able to dial the 419-530-2600.

Is this possible without opening these phones up to call any local number?

Another option:
We have a tie line between our systems with an access code of 21. If a user from the hospital wants to call a user on Main Campus they will dial 21-1234. This will place the call on the tie. Could it be possible to set these phones up to dial 6 digit to allow a call from these phones to use the tie, which would still keep the phones restricted from dialing outside the PBX to local numbers?

CCNA, CCNP

First thing that pops into my mind (not necessarily the best!)

Create a local extension at the site where the red phone is.

Give THAT extension normal dialing privileges

Make sure the COS for the extension allows you to CFW to an external number

For this new extension, do this:

ADD-SUBFT
type = STN
stno = XXXX
feat code = CFWVALBT
dest = 914195302600

it might ask for voice dest and fax dest, etc - you only need to put in the voice dest and then follow with an ;

This is the equivalent of the user dialing forward all calls from the actual phone and forwarding it to the desired number. Dialing 9 was an assumption - your site may vary.

Any call to the new extension will now go to that number (inside or outside calls)

Just educate your users in the fashion of your choice to dial that extension to reach the target number.

Addendum to above.... Create the new extension as a PHANTOM extension - no need to waste a port.

What release of software are you running 9005 or 9006

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

This is what I was thinking to. What makes this a little helpful is the 2 different dialing plans. So 2600 could be a local ext. I would then fwd that ext to the external 419-530-2600 which is a different nxx all together so it is not in the dialing plan where the red phone is at.

Thanks donb01

CCNA, CCNP

Either way you could use System Speed number since it overrides the COS

@Perry - hmm, this is interesting because I thought the system could not do that. I will need to test that. As far as I know the system is set up with system speed and these phones that are restricted do not have the ability to place the call as such. Is there something specific I could look at in the set up of one of these phones to make sure they have the ability via system speed? The other option of phantom station will work too. My main concern is even if I set up the phantom I want to make sure the restricted phones will work in this scenerio too and not be blocked.

CCNA, CCNP

CHECK PARAMETER SSOCOS IN CNFG IT LETS YOU CONTROL WHAT COS YOU WANT THE SYSTEM SPEED HAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back