Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9751-9005i CLI Reference Materials 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost.Tech

Technical User
Mar 12, 2024
CA
Hey folks,

I'm a network technician on a medium-sized university campus, and we have a ROLM 9751-9006i that still handles around 400 emergency phones, plus a handful of rolm devices. We have zero documentation on this thing, and it's been trucking along well enough that I've only recently had to get involved beyond troubleshooting copper loops and endpoint devices. The last person to really understand and administer it retired 5+ years ago.

The breaking point was having to rope our support vendor in to troubleshoot a rolm phone. They fixed it with a total of three command sequences in the CLI to restart the station. Personally I find having to spend 2-3 days getting outside support for this somewhere between frustrating and embarrassing.

I've been trying to find docs on this thing on and off for the last couple months, but all I've got is some hardware documentation and a list of CLI commands. What I'd really like is reference or training material for the device CLI. I'm comfortable with CLI in general (Cisco IOS, Linux, Windows), so I know individual commands aren't very useful until I get my head around syntax and how to chain them. Anything that can help me learn the basics (get status info, reboot a station or board, etc) would be appreciated.

So: anyone have docs they'd be willing to share, or some directions for where I should be looking? Google always leads me right back to these forums, figured I should bite the bullet and sign up.

Thanks in advance - anything you've got helps.

This looks to be exactly what I needed, thanks a ton! Much more than what I expected I'd be able to find. Will be reading through all this for quite a while.

Good stuff !
If you do come across any files that might be of use please let me know as I can upload them to the Gigatribe for everyone - thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back