Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9714 FSC issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techcf

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
I just purchased a used 9714 and after doing some inital testing it started giving a FSC #309D Mech Reach

I dont know where to start. Is there a way to contact Storagetek since i bought it used?

Thanks.

Kansas City, Missouri

After talking to some different people it looks like the camera is just not adjusted correctly. Does anyone know how to adjust the camera?

The camera/hand is not adjustable in the field. If it is damaged or maladjusted, it will need replacing, not a cheap item.......
I suspect that you have not given me all the FSCs, can you give me the FSCs in the same order from the top please. Also detail your mcode level.
The hand may have been swapped with one of the wrong type, an older Wolfcreek hand for example, so I will need ALL the PNs from the hand. Be carefull, it is static sensitive, follow antistatic precautions.
Give me full config information of the library if it comes fully up.

Actually I took it upon my self to adjust the camera and all seems to be well now. When I took delivery of the unit it would read 1 or 2 barcodes out of ten. Then is all of a sudden it started the FSC issue. Thinking it must be the camera out of whack I adjusted the “far near screw” on top of the unit. It got worse, so then I adjusted it until the light went off, turned it back until the light gut starts to come back on and left it there.

After that all the barcodes are able to be read and the FSC issue has gone away.

That was the proximity sensor, not the camera......! If they start giving problems its because the sensor has started to degrade usually. Adjust it so that it JUST gets the LED on when a cassette is in the cell, it must be off when no cassette is in the cell.
The original problem was probably bad quality labels or ones you printed yourself.........!!!
In England we say" You pays your money and you take your choice!", which just means, you get what you pay for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back