Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9710 & 9740 Tips / Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
Are there any interesting Tips / Tricks when working with 9710 & 9740 Libraries?

Thanks

Many.....I have no list though, its all in my head and I have been unable to get a firewire connection to work to that part of my anatomy.......

(Joke aside, I know the boxes, if you have specific questions, I can help).

We recently got a 9710. Problem is the thing has to live downstairs on the ground floor because it won't fit in our lift. Does anyone know how to get the side panels off this thing? Seems like a dumb question know, but if I can get them off I'll be able to get it in our lift as I only need an inch to be able to close the lift doors - about the same width as the two end panels so I need to get the external panels off...

Any help would be appreciated.

Chocolatecake.

I think they are bolted together, we had a similar problem where we couldnt get it out the door, you have to seperate the two cabinets..

The frame is actually welded together as one piece, the units can't be separted. I just need to get the panels off the outside to give me a little extra clearance...

The side panels lift up for removal, but there is a clip in the lower right corner of each panel that locks it in place. It's almost impossable to access the clips, so I always just pry straight up (use 2x4 and block) to break the clips. It won't do any damage to the panels and they can be re-hung after moving the library.

After bending myself into many intersting shapes I was able to squeeze myself into the thing and unlock one of the clips. I then had a collegue simply lift the panel off. Once I got one panel off the others were much easier to remove. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back