Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9700 pro NO agp Texture Acceleration , HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGnasty

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
US
Im wondering if someone can help me. I have an issue with a radeon 9700 pro card that USED to work on my system till I reformatted. I notice now that my Agp texture acceleration is grayed out as well.
I have the following specs.
A7a266 mobo with 1.4 amd athlon
Ati radeon 9700 pro
1 gig ddr 266
19 viewsonic lcd
The rest is pretty basic. I have done the following

Applied the motherboard upgrade v. 1.90 and even the via 4 in 1 chipset drivers . I have applied the agp drivers even tho the card worked before I put those in. I flashed my bios from version 1009 to 1012. I have tried both the newest catalyst drivers to the newest omega drivers. I have tried turning on and off fast write and lowering the agp settings in the bios. NO matter what I do I cant seem to get that agp texture up again. Can someone please help me this is the third time ive reformatted and its getting frustrating..

Which OS are you using? (i.e. XP, 2K, 9x, or ME?)

I would recommend going into the Device Manager and force it to use the 4-in-1 drivers that you installed. Just because you ran VIA's install tool doesn't mean those devices are using the newest drivers because if the registry isn't set to load those files they will not load.

Depending on the OS would determine how to exactly go about it. So, either repost and give me some more information or if you know what to do from what I've said go for it and let me know how it turns out...

Cheers!

Why on earth are you using VIA chipset drivers for a Radeon 9700 ???? Uninstall ALL of your video drivers - I MEAN EVERYTHING, then reinstall only the latest Catalyst drivers.

thanks for answering back guys, ati has been absolutely NO help in this matter. I am using windows XP /sp1. I have all the updates.
The was unsure if the asus a7a266 agp drivers were the ali 1.90 drivers or the Via 4 in 1 drivers. the motherboard cd it came with doesnt specify which ones I could use even tho most of what Ive read points me to the ALI drivers.
anyway, I have an nvidia card geforce ti agp . and I put it in my pc and immediately on boot the Agp texture acceleration is turned on. but as soon as I put in the 9700 pro its grayed out.
I know for the Nvidia It worked fine before but then when I put in the 9700 pro the agp texture grayed out and stayed off even when I put in the nvidia card. I had to download RIVATUNER and turn on agp texture and now it stays on. By the way I tried reformating twice with the 9700 pro card and still nothing.

Ok - good lord man which card do you have in your computer now ? Sounds to me like you are choking the daylights out of windows with all of these driver installations and card swapping - pick a card, any card..........
My advice is go with the best card and remove all other video devices except that one and then go do a WHOLE LOT of reading on how to configure dual card setups before jumping back into adding the second card...

sorry maybe I said it wrong, Im not using 2 cards at the same time. I have a geforce ti that works perfectly with agp texture acceleration, as soon as I put that card in it option is there, once I put the 9700 card in, the option is grayed out, that is what is confusing me. sorry for the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back