Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

96xx SIP Trans to VM button - can it be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
We created a way for our users that answer a lot of calls to be able to transfer someone directly to another users voicemail box on our AAM. Our users are confusing the TRANS to VM button that is present on the SIP phones with our new speed dial button Direct VM Trans. Does anyone know how to remove the TRANS to VMAIL button? I haven't found out exactly how this button is programmed on the phone either. I assume it's a default config on the phone.

Thanks

I have asked the same question. I have learned how this feature works (weird). While on an active call if you press the button the caller is sent to your mailbox...???
This is the response I have been given so far:
One X or any other SIP phone
PROBLEM CLARIFICATION
On logging into softphone, unwanted "transfer to voicemail" button is seen.
CAUSE
"transfer to voicemail" is enabled by default and hence cannot be removed through configuration from CM
SOLUTION
A GRIP request is opened to make the "transfer to voicemail" button admisterable as desired

If you learn anymore I would love for you to post the results here to be viewed.

Thanks for the information. I'll open a GRIP(E) through our account team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back