Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

96xx Screensaver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

I'm trying to set a screensaver here on my shop's IP phones which are a mix of 9608, 9611g, 9621 and 9641 phones. I'm wanting to bring these phones to a potential sale to show them their company's logo and make them wet their pants.[bigsmile]

I've uploaded jpeg (even though original pics say JPG?) images formatted to the right size and named them 96xxiposs, 96XXSCR and 9608SCR on the primary folder in my SD card, deleting the original images. I've reset a few of our phones, and re registered with no luck. I think I need to set the screensaver timer to lower than my backlight timer in the 46xx settings. This is where I'm stuck. I've never tried accessing the 46xx settings before and don't know how. I don't see them anywhere on my SD card. I found somewhere saying that you access them by going to web address address)/46xxsettings.txt. I do this but this is a read only text file. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.

OK you're not a genius, but thanks. Got the image set, it looks great. Thanks for everyone's help. Always heard about the 46xx files, glad I finally got to mess with them and somewhat get what they're for.

Next test:

Set up a VPN handset between your home and the office router.

You'll see exciting commands such as,
SET VPNPROC 0
SET NVVPNMODE 1
You'll find out more than you wanted to know about PSK2
A whole new world awaits.

Just remember, it's mostly Boolean logic with if, then, and.
Now you know how to remove the ## you're away!
[URL unfurl="true"]https://support.avaya.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213[/url] Here's a pointed finger in the right direction.

Yukky yukky yoggy

How would I set the screensaver to work on a 9641 (already working), 9611 and 9608 on the same system? I know these have to have different image sizes but not sure how to tell the 46xx file to send the images to certain phones.

Look in the 9600 Admin Guide (find the version for the software you are running on support.avaya.com) and you will see a section on using conditional statements to control processing within that file. If you then look at the default 46xxsettings.txt file, you will see a PER_MODEL_SETTINGS area near the bottom which branches to different sections depending upon the model of phone. There is a SETTINGS9641 section where you could add the line for the 9641G screensaver file and separate SETTINGS9611 / SETTINGS0608 sections where you could add lines for different screensaver files.

The most difficult thing is to find out the right size for screensaver JPGs you can use with 9608... It is documented for all other phones but 9608...

For the 9608 the size may not exceed 150 x 43 pixels @ 96 DPI

Thanks guys. I see on the 46xx where to put the images for each phone. I just need to get the sizes right.

I usually download the original and change the picture but not the size

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), expired ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back