Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

96xx phones not upgrading to latest firmware on SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwgs811

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2010
CA
I updated a SE system to the latest 11.1.3 but the phones are not pulling the latest upgrade files. They are mostly stuck on older firmware (6.8304) and a couple on really old version (6.4014)

I've checked that the file manager has the correct/latest 6.8.5 bin files etc, so just not sure why the phones are refusing to download them?

HTTP server settings are set to default and I've even tried manually assigning the IPs on a phone (in case it was a IP/DHCP issue), but this hasn't helped either.

Any idea why?

Tried that already - I've managed to get it working, by manually configuring the phone and pointing it to an IP500 v2 (also on 11.1.3) on the same network, but keeping the CALLSVR as the SE system.

It's now updating, but no idea why the SE isn't giving out the upgraded firmware. Perhaps it is a bug with the newest SE 11.1.3?

I even tried setting the HTTP IP in Manager to use the IP500 and that didn't help either, only setting it directly from the phone would work.

Anyone else had this issue on 11.1.3?

I'd compare the 96x1Hupgrade.txt file that is on your 500V2 system with the file that is on the SE.

My guess is that someone manually put a 96x1Hupgrade.txt file on the SE, and that is why its not upgrading the phone firmware. That file should be autogenerated, but its possible to drop that file on manually if you ever had to upgrade/downgrade phone firmware on that system.

I've checked and both of those txt files are identical (and auto generated). Neither have been manually changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back