Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

96XX Phones not showing missed calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcoempress

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
I have downloaded the latest 96XX software and 46xxsettings file and updated my phone. According to the Avaya website the new 46xxsettings file has a new options called log unseen as a fix to see calls that go to Audix or cover. I have made sure I have the right option in my settings file for log unseen which is 1. Still my calls that roll do not show up. What am I missing?

46xxsetting file
LOGUNSEEN specifies whether incoming calls that did not cause alerting will be logged
## as missed calls (e.g., calls that are forwarded because the phone is busy).
## Value Operation
## 0 Unseen calls will not be logged (default)
## 1 Unseen calls will be logged
## This parameter is supported by:
## 96x1 H.323 R6.0 and later
## 96x0 H.323 R3.0 and later
## SET LOGUNSEEN 1

Does your 46xxsettings.txt file have:
## SET LOGUNSEEN 1
or
SET LOGUNSEEN 1
?

Sorry the "##" was part of the border. The string is just SET LOGUNSEEN 1.

I have figured out that the phone is not getting the information it needs from the 96x1Hupgrade file. I looked at what downloaded and it is a jumbled mess. I am trying to get it in a readable format. Because it is not reading the file it is not picking up the new 46xxsettings file. Which is why it is not showing unseen calls.

Only certain 96xx phones need the 96x1H file. I always found it was easiest to just watch the phone boot up. It will tell you what files it needs during the bootup process.

At the Avaya support site click on Documents and Downloads and then start typing 9600 in the "Enter your product here" box. It should auto populate 9600 Series IP Deskphones. Then on the right click the drop down to select the release. Notice how the version jumps from 2.6 to 6.x (for sip phones) and 3.2 to 6.x (for h323 phones)? Their are two different types of 96xx phones. The 9608, 9611, 9621, etc use one version and the 9620, 9630, etc use another version so make sure you're using the correct one for the phones that you have.

If you want a particular feature pushed out to all phones, then remove the # sign next to the feature in the 46xx settings file. If you only want certain phones to have certain features, then use the GROUP setting.

For example, I use the 46xxupgrade.scr file for my group settings for our 4600 series phones, and I use the 96x1H file for Group settings that only apply to my 9608 and 9611 phones. Then I use the 96xxupgrade.txt for all my 9620s and 30s that we have.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Uglydork. I have the 96x1H file. For some reason the file downloaded unreadable by the 96x1 phones so I am working on getting it fixed. My 96xx phones are getting the update and are working as they should. I think once I get the 96X1H file fixed my problems will be solved. Thanks again for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back