Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9650's and Visual Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickl4583

Programmer
Dec 2, 2009
US
I am trying to setup my Message Button on a 9650 to go into Visual Voice and cannot seem to find where to do this. Right now, it just logs into the users Mailbox the old way. Wondering if anyone knows how to make the Message Button a Visual Voice button? Thanks.

Sorry, not exactly sure what you mean. How would I do this?

Try opening Manager, pressing f1 & entering Visual Voice into the search.

The built in help files are very effective
I think you will fing most of the MVP's refer to them often I know I do.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

The Messages button going to Visual Voice is the default so (unless your system is v.old) someone has turned it off. Its also a system wide setting, can't be done on a per phone basis (however a separate Visual Voice button can).

I strongly recommend checking the help files on this one, you will find it essential ;-)

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

@sizbut
Visual Voice is off by default but one of the first things i switch on.

Visual Voice is a system wide setting and if switched on the message buttons on all phones will use visual voice if possible with the uses phone type.

If you want use visual voice for only a few phones keep it switched off an create user buttons to use visual voice.

I am pretty sure on the 96xx phones the visual voice will only work on the hard message button not a programmed key.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You can also transfer a caller directly to vm with the 96xx message button. Eat your heart out CM! While on the phone with a caller you can press the message button and enter a user extension number then off the caller goes to voicemail. However, currently there is an issue with that feature. If user UserName and FullName are different then the system will try to transfer the caller to mailbox(fullname) instead of mailbox(username). Naturally mailboxes are created by User name and not Full Name. In that case the caller will be transferred to the senders mailbox on an inter call and to the default mailbox on a trunk call.

You can see the failure clearly in dbgview. I do have a case open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back