Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9641G SIP -> How to dial "**" (to call a FritzBox Extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca S.

Programmer
Nov 17, 2023
IT
Hello, I have a problem that seems trivial, but I can't find a solution.
I have an Avaya 9641G, I've installed firmware 7.1.15.2.1 SIP and connected it to a FritzBox (router with a simple SIP PBX).
It authenticates correctly on the FritzBox, receives calls, but I can't dial internal numbers which are ALL made up of 2 asterisks "**" and an N-digit number (1 or 3, as the case may be).
As soon as I dial the second asterisk on keyboard, the two asterisks turn into a plus "+".
I guess something needs to be changed in the 46xxsettings file, but I haven't found what...
Can you give me any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I would guess that this is set in the phones in the firmware and may be not adjustable in the 46xx file

I have only seen anything for the + sign in the Vantage settings of the 46xx file.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Here's the bad news:
That makes me think its a default part of phone operation and unlikely to be changeable through the settings file.

Your best bet is to download an copy of the full 46xxsettings.txt file and search it for any mentions of E416 settings but I think it a long stretch.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Have you checked your shortcodes on the IP Office? I recall there's one or two at the the stop of the list that start with ** that are only for some ISDN functions and can be deleted.

How did you manage to connect to the Fritzbox as I've never managed to get this working. I created a SIP line on the IPO and a telephone number on the Fritzbox.

** (or ##) shortcodes cause an error because by default it is the code for a twinned user to use mobile call control.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back