Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9641 shows "Phone" and "Features"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomatomic

Technical User
Jun 2, 2009
IE
Hi

My customer has a 9641 handset that is only showing "Phone" and "Features" in the top corners. I replaced the phone but got the same issue. Customer is on 9.0.4 Server Edition.

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks

G

ACSS - SME
ASPS - SME

First, open the System Status Application (SSA) and see if that extension is listed. If so, what does it say about the extension? Are you able to make/receive calls on the phone? Try dialing *36. If that doesn't work,try dialing *37*(plus the ext number)# and enter login password, if asked. Sometimes this won't work if the login password has not been set (System>Telephony>Supervisor Settings. If you know the phone's IP Address, try pinging it from the appropriate LAN port using the SSA. I hope something here helps.

Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn't help us know what to say.

did you assign buttons to the user?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

@Westie

Yes, it has 3 appearance keys, not a new user, this was working fine until recently.

@kampling

Not showing in SSA, can not make/receive calls, none of the buttons work and don't know IP address, Thanks

ACSS - SME
ASPS - SME

With Avaya usually a reboot fixes weird stuff :) maybe you get lucky too

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Press the mute button and enter the code "CRAFT#" then you can scroll through the settings.
Check if SIG is set to H.323, check the firmware which is loaded, check IP parameters, CALLSRVR and HTTPSRVR must match with the ip address of the IP Office.
Or call a AVAYA certified business partner for assistance (oh, is that you?).

I know you said it was an existing user but have a look in the "working hour user rights" and delete IP Auto-create if is there.

tektip1_fhkfqo.png

Even with Auto Create it must be able to register and show Extension and name. Follow Intrigant's hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back