Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9640 Screen Saver Won't Work!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnmsnyder

Vendor
Nov 15, 2006
US
Has anybody out there been able to get the screen saver feature to work on a 9640? I've got an IPO 500 V2 running 6.0.8. Your supposed to be able to make changes to the 46xxsettings.txt file and force the phone to look at a different jpeg. I can't get the phone to recognize the screen saver timer or the new jpeg. Called tech support and they didn't even have a 9640 to work with yet, let alone have an answer. Tried everything I can think of but no success. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated!

cheers worked a treat

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office
ACSS-SME

Thank you tlpeter!! Your last post was the part I was missing. Now things work like a charm.

Sorry Maxwell, I meant CF card in the V1 IPO.

In the 9650, the backlight turns off after de backlight-timer, not all the other models.

Is this functionality as intended?

- Reliability means: Never have to say I am sorry -

You can set a timer on the phone itself.
The options are off, 30 minutes or 60 minutes.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Peter where in the phone is that setting?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I thought it is under telephone settings under the button functions.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back