Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9640 on IPO500 R6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpull

Vendor
Sep 26, 2009
US
Good Evening,
I have a 9640 connected to my IPO500 R6. Functionally it seems fine but it is not recieving caller ID or showing digits when dialing. When the phone is idle, I have "a=, b=, c=" and on the second page I have all of my programable buttons as normal. If I call the phone, it works fine except that it still shows "a=" and no caller id (even from another extension).
Any ideas?
Thank you,
Jerry

Hey,

Thanks for the quick responses. I tried no password on it, also no good. I think either someone changed it or it got corrupted?
On the second phone, I cant even get into craft to change it to DHCP. And I cant even get the phone on to see what the current settings are.
To do the updates, I went into embedded file management and did upload files. Is that what you mean by manager upload option? What is the manually upload files option? Is there anyway to connect directly to the phone through USB or other? I think this one is shot and somehow I have to reflash it.

Thanks,
Jerry

Hey Riddle,
I got the one with the wrong password working. I found the MV_IPTel that someone had installed on our network to change the password and found the file and changed it back to craft.
I still cannot seem to do anything with the one phone that does not even have a "* to Program" option. Any ideas of how I can completely flash it?
Thanks,
Jerry

jpull,

logg off, or restart the phone, as it's booting up push * button a few times, it should asks for password. Also make sure it is not disabled ( SET PROCSTAT ) in 46xx settings, Once You have R3.1 Firmware on the 9640 You will see caller ID as soon as it rings.
the 96xx Phones are nice Phones, I'm glad they are finnally supported by IP Office, there My favorite Phones now, before that 4625 was My favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back