Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9640 on IPO500 R6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpull

Vendor
Sep 26, 2009
US
Good Evening,
I have a 9640 connected to my IPO500 R6. Functionally it seems fine but it is not recieving caller ID or showing digits when dialing. When the phone is idle, I have "a=, b=, c=" and on the second page I have all of my programable buttons as normal. If I call the phone, it works fine except that it still shows "a=" and no caller id (even from another extension).
Any ideas?
Thank you,
Jerry

Indeed, the symptoms you describe is when the handset is running CM firmware not IP Office firmware, they need to be upgraded as Intigrant pointed out :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Sorry, I deserve it. it was too late and I was too excited that it just worked to look at it.
Anyone had issues with going in the reverse?
When I put that same phone back on the CM now I just get "Waiting for LLDAP". I am using a static, not DHCP and it is a separate physical VLAN so there is no actual VLAN settings. Not a big deal as I have other phones for my CM.
Thank you for your help,
Jerry

Why not use dhcp ?
Do you point it to the right file server ?
If that all does not work you need to tweak the 46xxupgrade.scr and match the current firmware and point it to the firmware you need it to be.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Did you enter a file server? I noticed yesterday that when I statically assigned a 9620 without entering a file server, it displayed 'waiting for LLDP' for a minute or two (but did still boot correctly after).

FYI fw 3.10 works on CM and IPO (but 3.11 is the specific IPO build, don't know if this works on CM).

Hey,
I cannot seem to get the firmware upgrade for the 96xx phone to work. I have been searching all of the forums and called tech support twice with no luck. Here is what I have.
Using Manager's HTTP (Not FTP because the 96xx dont support FTP) I just recieved Bad Fileserv.
Using MV_IPTel I recieved Invalid Bin File. I tried with 3.0, 3.1 and 3.11. I tried with a 9640 and 9630. Both were on 1.5. I have tried clearing the phone and no luck.
I looked in the 46xxupgrade.scr but I do not see anything in there for 96xx. Does anyone know what else to try or a link to another post that has some more info?
Thank you,
Jerry

I have never got this to work without using a Memory card (and I tried a few times), the reason being..if you watch the handset it looks for 96xxsettings file which does not exist anywhere until it is created through the "Upload Phone files" process using Manager, and in case you try it renaming the 46xxsettings file name to 96xxsettings does not work either :)

Hey Riddle,
I saw your post on "Upload from phone" and I tried that but still did not see a 96xxsetting file on the compact flash or in my manager directory. Is there something that I am doing wrong or can you e-mail it to me?
Thanks.

No problems if you post your address :)

Sent, be aware depending on version you may need to edit the file to point to the correct .bin file name of your system, unless they already match of course :)

Thanks Andrew.
Oh, I forgot to mention that in the 9640 the fileserver address will not stick. It keeps reverting to 0.0.0.0. That is why I started using the MV_IPTEL

Try usig DHCP if you can, I never statically assigned anything, let the system do as much of the work as possible...it seems to be the recipe for success :)

Thanks Riddle. I changed it to DHCP and it upgraded sucessfully! Except now it keeps rebooting... When it fires up it keeps trying to get the 96xxupgrade and 96xxsettings and ha96xx, hb96xx. I tried deleting those from the compact flash and it still would try and then reboot. So i put it back to static and now will say "Waiting for LLDP" and then will finally say "Connecting to Call Server" and then it just reboots. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jerry

Don't ask me how, but I got the 9640 working. I deleted the files off the flash and reloaded them. Cleared the 9640 and let it do one more update and it seemed to come up fully functional. Now I just got to figure out how the hell I did this so I can do it for the rest of them. I really hope they come out with an update for this...

Thanks again Riddle! Star for you!
I have 3 phones up and running so far (going one at a time just because I dont feel like looking for another power brick and my POE switch is already full).
I have hit 2 that I am stuck on though.
1) The craft password doesnt work. I think I will trick it into connecting to the IPO and then I believe I can change it in the 46xxsettings? Is that correct
2) The phone starts up and says "100MBps Ethernet" and then "Finding Router" and just stops there. I cannot press * to access programming or do anything. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Jerry

The craft password in the ipo is just not set and you can just press the # button.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for the star, did you get them working? If not did you manually upload the files or use the Manager upload option, if not the latter try it that way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back