Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9630 Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain08

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
on the 9630's after no activity the 9630 ONE-X screen saver comes on. Can that be modified? If so how/where?

Yes
You need to upload a JPEG image using the 46xxsettings file.

It is quite restricted in size though

46xxsettings said:
##
## The filename of a valid JPEG customized screen saver image.
## 0-32 ASCII characters.
## Note: This parameter is supported on H.323 and Its not been
## supported for SIP 96XX Releases of telephones
## Logo in JPEG format Maximum size 320x160 96dpi
##
SET SCREENSAVER <Yourfilename.jpg>
##

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

That worked perfect.

What about on the main screen where the call appearances are.. at the very top of the display shows the extension and the date and time. Below that is a thin black bar that says 'avaya one-x' in it. Is that changeable?

I don't know, but I can't see any applicable settings in the 46xxsettings file

Why do you need to change it?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

because I have sr.mngt that just can't be happy w/the screen saver being changed.. so I'm now on this quest to have to see if there's a way to have that 'Avaya one-X' in the thick black bar say the individual user's name. crazy

You could probably do that by creating lots of jpg files, then use the group setting in the 46xxsettings.txt file. Lots of work, but could be done. Assuming that you have less then 1000 usrs as there is only 1000 groups.

Lots of ways to do it. Easiest is a .jsp that identifies the user by the extension/IP. Call to the page would return customized screen saver. Basic Lettering will work but .wbmp images are much more flexible/artistic.

can that all be done with 1 txt/conf file or will there need to be a file/user?

Where is this settings file located?

S8730 Processors (Redundncy/Mirror Img)
Aura 5.2 (Communication Manager)

JDTurk, it should be on your HTTP server, if your not sure where that is, try restarting an IP phone and watch the display of the phone and you will see the IP address of the HTTP server as it's going through its config setup.

Just tell them it's a system setting, They should have more important things to worry about then what there phone display shows.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back