Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9620 IP Softkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionsleft

Vendor
Jan 13, 2007
EU
Is it possible to set the 4 softkey buttons of 9620 IP Phones to abbreviated-dial? I am running CM4.0.

Thanks,

mwooks

Yes... But you need R2.0 firmware for the phone.

SET IDLEFEATURES "65,65,65"

If one of the designated parameters contains a Feature number more than once, and that
number corresponds to at least one occurrence of a feature button downloaded from the call
server, the designation of softkeys to features is assigned in the order the features are listed.
For example, if two Abbreviated Dial (AD) buttons (Feature Number 65) are listed in the
DIALFEATURES parameter, the first AD button in that list is associated with the first AD button
downloaded from the call server. The second AD button in the DIALFEATURES parameter is
associated with the second AD button downloaded from the call server (if any), and so on.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Could you please give more details on where to assign the abbreviated list?

thanks
mwooks

Place this in your 46xxsettings file.

SET IDLEFEATURES "65,65,65"

You'll have to create these in CM so they appear.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

CJH,
I was able to update the 46xxsettings file, however i can't find the parameters to change in the CM.

thanks,
mwooks

Change your station, and add the buttons anywhere on page 5...

BUTTON ASSIGNMENTS

9: abrv-dial List: 1 DC: 01

Thanks,
CJH

Thanks,
CJH

Thanks a lot it's working now, however i can't edit/re-label the softkey button. Would it be possible?

mwooks

Don't think so...

Thanks,
CJH

if you can edit your labels on the phone then that will work, and what ever the softkey associated with the button will follow suit.

I have a 9630 and renamed directory button to P Book this immediately replicated to the allocated soft key.

You can also just set the Abbreviated Dials to reference the System list that way you can configure a downloadable label against the number ro be dialled

I setup the 4 softkeys to AD, created system list and tried to rename the softkeys but it says "editing the labels is not allowed" and i can see a padlock symbol. Only those buttons programmed as call-appearance i can be able to edit labels.

thanks
mwooks

Did you enter what you wanted the button to be called ? there are 2 columns, LH for the number to be dialled and RH for Labels?

I cannot edit the system defined button labels on the phone either and I too see the padlock

I found out that in CM 4 there is new command "change button-restriction" wherein the AD re-labeling is restricted by default. Remove AD from the list and you will be able to esit button labels.

Cheers!

mwooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back