Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9620 / 9630 phones not registering, until Reset Values done

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwylie81

Technical User
Jul 25, 2005
GB
I had something like 9 phones over the last few days would not register until you entered programming, and Reset Values to restart phone.

As the phone was trying to boot, look at the Cisco switch, it was only on VLAN 100, (data) and didn't move over to VLAN 200. Got messages of bad file server and 'could not contact call centre' These are both provided by the 242 scope in VLAN 200.

VLAN 100 has entry for scope 242 to redirect to VLAN 200, L2QVLAN200

This has been working without any problems.

Network dudes deny any problem with DHCP problem.

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with problems like this.

I would have expected the phone to reboot to voice VLAN first, then when VLAN test parameter expires, reboot to VLAN 100, pick up the 242 scope to point it to VLAN 200 and pick up clan addresses.

sets seem to have got into a bit of tiss, and it was necessary to do the *CRAFT process to RESET VALUES. Then it worked a treat.

I am a bit concerned that if this happened to say 100 phones it would prove more difficult to resolve. I'd rather try and find out what happened to prevent it.

I have a test one hanging at the contacting voice server screen but has dial tone, and works well, screen just stuck. I have a question out to my vendor and I'll ask about this one as well.

We have the same issue and I currently looking for a fix. For use the issue comes into play when a user moves from one floor to another (which changes thier data and voice vlan) We have to manually go to the phones and reset values. We get ALOT of moves so its such a pain. We do not have a phone on every desk and we do not let the users know the craft password and we do not let them log off themselves.

What I am hoping is that I can provide a craft like feature to the the user with restrictions to only allow the reset values or clear commands, while at the same time allowing real admins like myself to have access to all the features.

I believe there is additional code that you can input into the DHCP server. For reference, check the administrator's guide for 9600 series IP phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back