Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9611g SIP caller ID only displaying Name and not Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Hello all,

I have a 9611g converted to latest SIP firmware, everything is working on it however I am unable to get the caller ID to display the name and number, it only displays the name.

The traceSM shows the phone is getting both the name and number and even in CM list trace station shows the name and number in this case the name is "Unavailable" which is normal, it is the number that is not showing up on the phone display.

Incoming call is routed via a SBC then to SM
Trunk is set to SIP
Trunk tpye is private
aar is using the extension range and is lev0
the station is using a RP## on the last page since it is a SIP station.

testing this in another lab and it works with all the same settings, Anyone ever run into this issue before?

Below is a redacted trace from CM if it helps at all..
12-8-2021_5-06-54_PM_brmxcb.jpg

Is your route pattern set to public or private numbering? Also, do you have your extension ranges in private numbering?

I have tried both ways in my routing pattern to set lev0-pvt and pub-unk. Also the number ranges are in the private numbering.

## DISPLAY_NAME_NUMBER specifies whether the name and/or number will be displayed for
## incoming calls, and if both are displayed, the order in which they are displayed.
## Value Operation
## 0: display calling party name only
## 1: display calling party name followed by calling party number
## 2: display calling party number only
## 3: display calling party number followed by calling party name
## This parameter is supported by:
## J169/J179 SIP R1.5.0; valid values 0 through 3; the default value is 0.
## 96x1 SIP R6.2 and later; valid values 0 through 3; the default value is 0.
## 96x1 SIP R6.0.x; valid values 0 through 1; the default value is 0.
## 96x0 SIP R2.6.5 and later; valid values 0 through 3; the default value is 0.
## 96x0 SIP R2.0 through R2.6.4; valid values 0 through 1; the default value is 0.
## SET DISPLAY_NAME_NUMBER 0

Yes I did find this line item earlier and tested it, just getting back here to post that it was solved, but that is the solution gwebster, that option is not available in AADS however adding it manually solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back