Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9611G ringer volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

geerg

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
NL
Hi all,
Does anyone know if it is possible to keep the original ringer volume after a reset of the 9611G (H.323)?
Every time a reset is performed our users complain that the ringer volume is loud again. Like it gets set to a default volume.

I have looked at the 46settings file but do not see a setting concerning the volume,
only if users can change it or not.

We have CM 6.3

Thanks!

Probably backups. Look at BRURI. H323 sets can send their unique stuff to the fileserver and download it again.

Look at the ReadMe for H.323 6.6.2 under new features:
"The volume settings for headset, handset, speaker, and ringing are saved in flash memory so that they will persist following a reboot. Additionally, they are backed up to the HTTP server such that the same settings can be used when a user logs into a different deskphone.

Thanks for the help!

We use the BRURI for the backup files but as we are on firmware 6.4 at
the moment I think thats the issue. With 6.4 the ringer volume is not saved.

As I am planning to upgrade to the latest firmware version I was eager to know how to avoid
complaints from our users concerning the ringer volume being back to loud.
Upgrading is the answer it seems :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back