Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608G recognized as a 4624

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
I have a few 9608G phones on an IPO500v2. In one case it's 7.0 and it just occurred on a different IPO with 9.1.8.

Upon initial boot the phone is fine. As soon as it reboots the buttons are misplaced and in the system status it says it's a 4624. If I reboot the IPO everything comes back to normal. If ever the phone is unplugged or reboots for whatever reason it comes back to a 4624! At first I thought this was due to an incompatibility with the G models and 7.0, but it just happened on a different IPO running 9.1.8. WTF ?

We've recently changed our distributor, and I've noticed some of these 9608G with crooked screens, loose buttons. I suspect these are refurbished. How can I verify this ? I want to verify on my end before blaming the distributor. It might have nothing to do with my problem.

that's bizarre, the 4624 looks nothing like a 9600. If the screens are crooked, get them replaced.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back