Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 Telephones busy indicator not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tele234

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
US
I have a customer CM 14 using 9608 telephones aliased as 9630 sets. the problem is the busy indicator buttons do not show when that extension user is on their phones. It will work as speed dial but it does not light when the user is on their phone. I have searched support.avaya.com and haven't found anything. My engineer called Avaya and of course they stated the busy indicator will work. It works as speed dial - but does not show when user is using the set.

cm14 do not think so, what is the correct release of the software?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

yes customer is R14x.00.5.742.0 with current service pack, the 9608 are aliased as 9630 and the busy indicator will call the station but will not light when user is on the phone - the 96xx series are supported to Release 13.1.5 and no lower

Have you (can you?) tried a different phone set? Or tried aliasing the 9608 to a 4624?

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

Avaya documentation recommeds using 9650 as the alias for 9608 in CM 4.0+

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... GI JOOOOOE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back