Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 Screensaver on IP500V2 8.0 (42)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPhello

Programmer
Aug 13, 2005
US
So I have modified a screensaver file for phones and I am able to make it work pretty easily on 9641 sets. However, the 9608 sets are not displaying the new screensaver. They continue to show the default One X. While the phone is loading it seems to try to grab the new file. Anyone had any luck with this?

Make sure the filename is different, make sure it's the correct size (exactly or smaller) and then do a clear on the handset, it appears to load the file but if it's the same name it actually just drops it :)

Changed the name and is smaller including pixel size. No go.

I've never been able to make it work on the 9608, even with 6.2.013 firmware or before on 6.138. I have it working on 9620/30/40/50 and 9611. The 9608 shows the Avaya screen for the screensaver, even after doing a clear and watching it download the proper file.

Anyone else notice that the Avaya screensaver doesn't move on the 9608's anymore? On mine its parked right at the bottom. I figured thats a small price to pay to not have the phone lock up anymore.

I did and it really need to be very very small.
Do not forget that the resolution is very low.
So see how low you can go with the picture :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back