Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 Phones Rebooting: R8.0.44 brand new install and IP Office is the DHCP Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys85

Vendor
Jul 12, 2012
US
9608 Phones Rebooting: R8.0.44 brand new install and IP Office is the DHCP Server. The Sysmonitor shows the ongoing registrations of the IP Phones. In some cases the data indicates that packets are being lost. Customer claims periodically phones have been rebooting. Brand new IP Office, and Nortel BES1020 – 48 ports w/ 24 dedicated PoE, 10/100/1000 base w/ 2 SFP uplinks, QoS, layer2 managed switch. I have requested that the data tech on customers remote site run a Wire Shark test on the LAN supporting the IP Office and the IP Phones. Can this isolate the problem to the IP Office, Data Switch, Data Switch Port(s) or the cabling? Is this the recommended path?

Did you disover why this was happening? We are experiencing the same thing today. Only a few phones randomly reboot. The other two phones are stable.

Had that problem with one of our phones. Called our phone installers, they were not the ones who wired the building. They told me to take one of the phones that was not rebooting and plug it into where the phone was rebooting. After a while that good phone started rebooting. They told me if the system loses too much data between a phone it may reboot it. Had the cablers come back and redo the connections on that line and haven't had any issue.

Not sure this has anything to do with your issue. The other issues they thought it could be was a defective phone.

Either way, it sounds like you are losing data to those phones and IPO is rebooting them. If they are in specific locations then you may get lucky on the solution and it's cabling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back