Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9601 and 9611 stuck in upgrading application then reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Has anyone come across a way to get the phone out of this loop? On some of the phones that are doing this we can press * to get into the basic config menu on the others we can't.

Hang on , with all due respect we are not psychic magicians

What is your core hardware/ platform /software (to quote another highly respected member)

What do you know about option 242 ??

What do you know about procstat??

What do you know about the phone hardware you have and the firmware you are trying to load ???

I am not trying to cause offense but you are giving me a question like .... i have a loud rattle in my engine whats the cause....oh sometimes if i turn on the air con the rattle goes away....... does that make sense ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Sorry for the lack of details no offense taken. I posted this like an idiot so lets start over.

We are CM and SM Release 6.3 using SIP 9611 and 9601 IP phones. 9611 Phones are upgrading from 6.2.1 to 6.4.1 firmware. 9601 phones are Release 1? trying to go to 6.2.1 then to 6.2.4.

The phones that are looping never make it to the point that they are requesting an address from the DHCP server. They have been on the network and are being rebooted to request an upgrade. After downloading the file and rebooting they seem to lose their minds and get stuck on upgrading application some for 500+ seconds some for shorter then they reboot automatically. The Avaya splash screen comes up and then the press * for configuration then back to the upgrading application............

We do use DHCP Option 242 pointing HTTP to our Utility Server. But it seems to already have downloaded an upgrade file that is either corrupt or incomplete. Other phones are fine and load up and upgrade their firmware properly.

I have tried manually assigning an IP address and the HTTP server but that doesn't seem to help.

9611G manufactured date is 8/2013 9601 is 9/2010 - 12/2010(thanks Avaya for sending old stock).

OK so a couple of things , lets get your phones totally cleared of any other settings ,you mention your utility server has potentially got corrupt files on , lets delete those files get to support,avaya.com get the latest firmware for your sets and get it on utility server , then lets patch utility server , then lets reboot utility server .... or sack it off and use mviptel or IIS until you can be sure its working as planned.Utility server can be a little horrible , im just about to knock off shift but main things

Compatibility matrix ... is CM & SM on supported versions ..... is the system platform hosting these machines current and patched.

Phones .... can you go from the version you are trying to the version you want(again compat matrix)

46xx settings file , procstat allows local admin of the phones ( it sounds like you have some phones that have different procstat settings or passwords set)

Try to mute craft the phones and clear the values then .patch ...get working firmware for your hardware and try a one phone that was not working first and build up.

Here is a link to the most recent lan admin guide for sip phones...... if you need any more help im sure other forum members will assist but im sure this is something pretty simple that your Avaya BP should be able to help with

I wish you well but this sounds like somebody has left you in the lurch.... i will be happpy to try and assist tomorrow if not resolved when i come back on line

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back