Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9600 IP VPN Phones on IPO R7.0(5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekfree

Technical User
Dec 1, 2010
US
Ok,

I have a 9608, 9640, and 9641G (all in VPN mode) that I wish to get working off an Avaya IP Office R7.0(5).

So far, no luck.

After much reading and looking at the 100+ other IP Phones in VPN mode that I have done through the years, I am left to assume that since the new 9600 series do not have the ability to administer a 'Virtual IP Address' that I cannot use them in VPN mode?

I have:
1) Avaya IP Office R7.0(5)
2) Sonicwall Tz190 (Enhanced image)
3) All phones above (9600) have the newest firmware that came with R7.0(5) of the IPO

Yet, when I try to connect the phones via VPN, they hang on Phase 2. I can't get them to connect. Phone says, 'IKE Phase 2 No Response.' I've tried every change on the phone to get it to work.

On my Sonicwall, I am getting ' IKE error - duplicate packet dropped'

I have configured the Sonicwall based off the Avaya Tech Tip 190 for Sonicwall.

As a sanity test, I've taken the same phones and connected them to an existing VPN network that currently has 5600 VPN phones wokring, and it connects (gets past Phase 2) yet does not find, see, or 'discover' the IP Address of the Call Server (IP Office). Perhaps if I create a route in the IP Office to match the dynamic vpn pool that the phone comes in on, I'll get it to work.

But my big concern is getting the phone to authenticate at Phase 2, per my comments above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks jeffthephoneguy!! For your Valubale information...

Guys ..In the Above Configuration the below information is missing.Please include along with the above settings!!

SET NVIKECONFIGMODE 2

Thanks,
Gowri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back