Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 static on sets outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy1961

Technical User
Feb 23, 2012
CA
Experiencing intermitant static on sets outgoing calls on 9508 sets, replaced cabinet and combo cards with only moderate improvement........

Known issue with built in power supply on the 500v2 effecting analog trunks. We even went to 16-Port Trunk Expansion module with no improvement. Awaiting fix on same issue.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

I experienced this after upgrading from 8.0.18 to 8.0.42.
I received complaints of almost unbearable static, but found out that the gains were too high (like a microphone, "too hot") and not really a "static" issue. Check if it noticeable when talking softly. If so, adjust the TX Gains. Do the opposite if the IP Office user hears the calling/called parties conversation with static.

Have a customer with PRI and they have to reset the phones every so often to get those phones back to working order.
Seems these phones have not the best firmware

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Andy should you not be asleep at this hour ?

I still like the 6408D+ the best. Never had a problem with them. They run their firmware and never need upgrade and they sound great.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Just like the 54xx's
Rock solid and almost no upgrades needed.
The 95xx already have more formware versions then the 54xx in 6/7 years.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back