Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 - Ringer Disabled? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketJTech

Technical User
Oct 17, 2011
US
Greetings all... I think I just have a bad phone here, but since I've never seen this issue, I thought I'd double-check that I'm not missing something....

Release 11.0 IPO with 9508 phones.

A single user was complaining that their phone would not ring (why complain, am I right?). So, I assumed that the ringer volume was turned down. Volume control did nothing (like it was broken). So, I placed the phone on speaker and was able to adjust the volume just fine. Same with the handset. I moved the phone to another extension with the same result. Again, my first guess is that the phone went bad (after 5 months of use). I am replacing the phone. But, before I send it in for warranty replacement, I want to make sure there is not some secret setting of which I am unaware.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Features > Call Settings > Disable Ringer > On/Off

Combine that "A" menu > Options and Settings > Call Settings > Visual Alerting > Off/On and you can have a phone that can receive calls, doesn't make an audible alert, but the MW light will blink on incoming. Like for a sound booth, radio studio, hearing-aid testing room, etc.

Thanks TTT... That's good info. But would that setting follow a digital phone if you moved it to a different extension? I'm guessing not. And, if that's the case, I think I have a bad phone.

Please remember... If it's not the way that YOU would do it, that does not necessarily mean it's wrong. EVERYONE knows SOMETHING that you do not.

for digital phones the user settings are fixed to the port so moving to a good position should work (unless hot desking as that them moves the user to the new port)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

I had physically moved the phone to another port with the same issue. Conclusion: Bad Phone. Returned for warranty replacement. Thank you.

Please remember... If it's not the way that YOU would do it, that does not necessarily mean it's wrong. EVERYONE knows SOMETHING that you do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back