Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 phones stop responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
Does anyone else have the issue of 9508 phones "freezing" and requiring the phone to be unplugged and plugged back in to work again? We have had to RMA 6 phones already for one of our customers as after they upgrade the phones are bricked. All of the bricked phones have BM12's attached. Two more today totalling 6. IP500V2 8.0.42

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

Hi, been working with Avaya for couple of weeks with this, applied binary patch which seems to have stopped the lookups, 8.0.46. Avaya states problem exists all the way up through 8.1. Running trace logs for avaya so they can further analyze data on how the patch is working. At this time Avaya has no idea what is causing the problems, but the patch seems to be keeping the symptoms at bay.

I am having this same issue on a system with 8.0.46 and I have verified that it has the R44.bin file for the 9500 series in file management. Any more ideas? Thanks.

I have the same problem with 8.1(63) but it has to do with the phone firmware and not with the IP Ofice firmware.
Besides thet I have phones with static sound, rebooting the phone solves it. I think it is related somehow.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Intrigrant, it seems that 8.1.63 has the R45 build in the software so now you only need the file :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back