Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508 phones stop responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
Does anyone else have the issue of 9508 phones "freezing" and requiring the phone to be unplugged and plugged back in to work again? We have had to RMA 6 phones already for one of our customers as after they upgrade the phones are bricked. All of the bricked phones have BM12's attached. Two more today totalling 6. IP500V2 8.0.42

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

They seem to be going the same way as their IP brothers, a long time coming then buggy as you like, seen a few freeze as you say but not needed to RMA yet :)

We are having the same problem too. 9508 locks up and has to be unplugged to resolve the issue. We have a had case open with Avaya for months. They told us that 7.0.31 would fix the issue but it didnt. It seems to be occuring much less but it is still happening.

We have it too and we also raised it as a bug.
We also had a couple of them which keep rebooting.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

With our customer it only seems to be affecting some phones. Has anyone considered that it could actually be the phones themselves and not a software issue?

It is a problem with the phones.

BAZINGA!

I have a customer that has 20 9508's installed 5-2011 is now on R7 and doesn't have any issues. Another customer with 80 9508's installed 12-2011 now on R8 with intermittant issues. And finally we have a customer with 20 9508's installed 3-2012 on R8 with multiple daily issues. Sounds like a hardware issue on the phones to me.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

8.0.43 is out.. anyone try upgrading to that and see if 9508 still have issue? I have 150 to deploy on the next couple of weeks.. Currently system is 8.0.43

I suggest you hold off on the install. Our company has officially stopped selling 9508's until there is a full fix. Next week we are replacing all 23 9508's with 1416 phones for the last customer per their demand. We have lost money with every 9508 install this year due to constant problems.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

May have to but, would like know if anyone else using 8.0.43 and has the issues?

Do any off you have an Avaya ticket number?
We have this issue a lot and i will hunt this one down :)

BAZINGA!

this is a case we have for 9508's not coming back up after a reboot.
1-3545594132

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Hi Kevin,

Thanks but that is a different issue i think.
Our issue is that the 9500 phones just stop responding at all.
In SSA they seem to be removed from the system but they are still on the system.
Unplugging and reconnecting then solves it.
We also hear complaints about freezing while the phone actually rings.
If you have these issues too then i love to hear it from you :)

BAZINGA!

ya we have had some of that but we have found turning off the echo cancellation and gain control helps with that.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

With the freezing?
So turning echo cancelation off and gain control did it for you?
Interesting :)

BAZINGA!

We swapped out 2 of the problem extensions at our customer with 2 known working 9508 phones that is phones that had been installed at our office for over 6 months without any lockups. Insstalled at this customer and they had locked up/frozen within 2 hours. So in our case it is not the phones. Seems like it is pointing back to a software bug in quick edition.

We don't use the quick edition but thanks.

BAZINGA!

We have seen this issue in both IP Mode and Basic eddition with 1400 series sets. Specifically in R8. We submitted trace files today to Avaya and have escalated.

Some fun Huh! I went out to a customer installed last summer and changed the echo cancellation and the first phone i went to was frozen , had to unplug and replug. I am starting to look at NEC products. There should not be this many problems.

That is because it cannot do anything! :)
Features that are not available cannot break down :)

I am just joking.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back