Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9200 and ROLMPHONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTouchTone

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
Ok, its been YEARS since I touched a 9200....but got one for free with RP400s and 240E AND PhoneMail so its replacing a POS Norstar 824 KSU that should have NEVER been put it...LCR, etc I can handle.....BUT trying to get the EXTNS to work on the RPs is starting to get to me..I plugged in my 1st RP400 into STN 1 (port 1 on card 3-SMLR) Programming LOOKS right...set Button 9 to SILAP-1...when I press the line button, the display says NOT OBTAINABLE!!! WHAT am I missing???? I think I have Key 0 set as PABX (which EMMA says it should be) and I want to assign 2 Extns to the phone; its primary DID and secondary roll over extn...I even changed button 8 to a SILAP-2...no joy....I recall the phones being a PITA to program..once you got the hang of it, not a problem..and this switch will have all RPs (32) and ANALOG (16) on it..no ROLMSets....of course there is the programming of the analog ports to be PM ports and IBMN but I have the instructions...NOT a problem..its just assigning an EXTN "CALL NO" to a phone...HELP!!!!! The CALL Number has been assigned...getting it to show up on the phone is another matter and I KNOW I am missing a step here (WHERE ARE MY IPM CLASS sheets from 1993????) Either way I am going to get this to work...I HATE the Norstar 824 and its DUMB intelligence...(as in NONE)....Norstar Manager quit working on my laptop...but EMMA is still plugging away on my XP Desktop with NO problems.....ANY know HOW to determine the WRL from the EMMA commands?? I dont trust the labels on the CPU card...and I recently did it...but slept since then :(

THANKS in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back