Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9150 vs MCK Extender 7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie2

Programmer
Jul 26, 2005
US
Can some tell me the difference between the 9150 and the MCK Extender 7000.

I have a Clear Channel Point to Point going to a small record warehouse and want to extend 12 phones from our main PBX and share Voice/Data over the same circuit.

No I cant! But I can tell a litle about the 9150.

First of all, the 9150 can handle up to 32 digital phones and 1 analog port.
The digital phones is your normal digital phones like 2616, 3110, 3310, 3820, 39xx..

The digital sets are programmed the same way as the are on the main site. They are just extended from your system to another location via your IP network or ISDN BRI.

The 9150 Remote gateway (remote office) and the RLC card wich is installed on the main site can normaly handle 8 simultaneous calls.
It has a built in DSP card for 8 calls.

If you need more simultaneous calls you have to add DSP cards in the 9150 and the RLC card.
(Every DSP card adds 8 more calls, but has to be installed in both ends)
But if the (up to) 32 phones isnt used so much maybe 8 simultaneous calls is enough.

The 9150 can be connected to the main site via IP (lan/wan) or via ISDN BRI.
For BRI connection there is also a need for extra BRI cards inside the 9150. (not at the RLC card)

You can also use both IP and ISDN.
Primary could be IP but as a backup you can use ISDN.
Or you can reach main office via IP and dial out via ISDN.
There are many options..

Dont forget Quality of Service on the IP connection!

I have used the MCK 7000 and it is a good product. It interfaces with the meridian 1 via digital tn's with no need for the reach line card. That means the TN's will be located at your host site not at the remote site. It will allow for 24 digital phones and can be coupled with the MCK 6000 which handles 12 phones. The tramsmittion between the switch side box and the remote side box is done via ip over existing T-1 bandwidth. You'll need a CSU/DSU with dual data ports such as what kentrox offers to split out your bandwidth for data and voice. I think the price is pretty good to comparatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back