Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9150 Reach Line Card / Lost Password / Need Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTC1

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
After changing the RLC's admin password (& saving to flash & rebooting)I can no longer login!! I've also tried the default guest / guest123. Any other default passwords I can try? Any way to default the RLC's config? I have physical access to the card. I have a backup of the config before the password change. Any way to transmit that to the card without knowing password? Thanks for any suggestions.

have you tried admin/admin or admin/user123

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the suggestions! No those passwords didn't work either. Do you know if I can "default" the config via the DIP switches or a shunt? Will a firmware update default the password?

Figured it out.....my new password was 10 digits. RLC only accepts 8 digits and truncated my password. When you try to login it does not truncate what you enter. Example...via menu I set new password to: "1234567890", system truncated this and set the password to: "12345678" and will not allow you to login in if you try "1234567890".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back