Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
anyone figure out a good way of keeping people dialing 911 in error without changing AC1. It's getting ugly.

I cannot NCOS them

It's only dialtone-VZ

build 11 as a spn and send that to security or the att.. the 9,911 will still work..or break a few fingers

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You can also turn on On Site Notification in the ESA block and then the person monitoring that phone can confirm whether it is an actual 911 call, and make the appropriate call to the 911 dispatchers if it was dialed in error.

With site notification you need to be careful if you have a carrier remote. The remote must be connected by PRI in order to send the correct ID to 911. A T-1 won't do it.
You will need to have local copper in the remote to use for 911.

NARSBARS

Breaking finger would be easier. The system has been in for 7 yrs and mis dial 911 happens 1-2 times daily. I already implemented ESA but I'm thinking of taking it out and using flen . I read this in another past post to make the system wait for more digits.

Funny you mentioned this
Nars the system does have a mini carrier also with no room to add an XUT card for 911. 911 call go across the carrier out tha main site which isnt good!!!

I can't redirect 911 because of the state laws.

thanks

It's only dialtone-VZ

Recently me 911 capabilities went down. I got it back up however there needs to be an ACOD of 8 dialed before 911 goes through I've looked into the DMI but it's been two years since I've messed with DMI. My SPN is 911, it is routed to RLI 1 which conects to Route 11 (local out). The RLI 1 needs a DMI configed but i'm lost. So far I've tried
DGT, DMI 1, del 1, inst 911. I don't know if thats right but it still does not work. Also, what should the FLEN value for SPN 911 be set at

if your dialing 8,911.. then you don't need a dmi.. the switch deletes ac1 or 2 when it sends you to ld 90... if you want 911 to go as well as 8,911 or 9,911 then build a spn of 11 then a dmi that deletes 2 and inserts 911..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

HERE'S MY RLI CONFIG

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 1

RLI 1
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 11
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 1
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 1
OVLL

MY SPN CONFIG:

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE SPN

SPN 911

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

The only thing that should point to this RLI is 911 and the FRL and MFRL should be 0 so any phone can dial 911.

There's no excuse for dialing 8911 by mistake.

911 misdials aren't my concern, my concern is eliminating the need to dial the acod(8911). I would like for people to only have to dial 911.

You could add AC2 9 and make an SPN 0f 11 and send it out RLI 0 to the cot trunk.

After the spn 11 is made, i would have to create a DGT/DIM in ld 86. What characters would need to be applied as the INS and DEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back