Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Routing - Denial Event 1643 and AAR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got an Avaya G3 cabinet, running CM2.1

I'm having a problem routing 911 calls, and I've got it partially fixed. When our operator dialed 9-911, it wouldn't route (wave-off tone). However, that was because it was pointing to an empty partition table vs. the correct route pattern. That's been fixed.

My 2nd problem that I want to route the call if the operator just dials "911" without the 9 prefix. I can't seem to get this one.

I did a trace station, and got this:

> dial 911 route:AAR
> denial event 1643: off-hook dialing time out D1=0x20001 D2=0x1532
> dial 911 route: AAR
> denial attendant.

I checked System Parameters for Off-Hook dialing time-out. It's set to 10

I checked the attendant's COR and COS.
* The COR has an FRL of 7
* COS has Priority Calling an Console Permissions set to Y. Everything else is No.

This is the 911 entry in ARS:
Dialed String=911
Min & Max = 3
Route Pattern = 9
Call Type = Emer

This is Route-Pattern 9:
Name = Local 911 SCVL
Grp No = 1 (Trunk Group 1 - A two-way ISDN trunk with 48 channels)
FRL = 1
NPA = 954
Pfx Mrk = 1

When I try an run "list ars route-chosen 911", I get this message: "Unique entry cannot be slected - enter more digits or '#'sign."

I tried modifying the route-pattern to delete 3 digits and insert 9911, hoping it would route, but it fails.

Maybe the answer is staring me in the face, but I can't see what's wrong. The trace tells me the problem is the route-pattern, but the route pattern tells me it should go. How do I get just 911 to route?

Any guidance would help. Thaks.

search for 911 ars digit conversion. Been discussed many times.

Use the ARS Digit Conversion Table:

ARS DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Replacement
Pattern Min Max Del String Net Conv ANI Req
11 2 2 2 911 ars y n

Kevin

4merAvaya - I chekced the ARS table as well. Mine looks exactly like yours, except that Conv is set to 'n'.

Is your matching pattern 911 or 11 like 4merAvaya has?

DonBott

donbott - It's identical to 4merAvaya. The only difference is that my Conv. setting is set to 'n'.

Put a trace up on the trunk group (list trace tac xxx) and have the attendant place a call by dialing 9-11.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back