Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 question on an SX-200 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseevers

Programmer
Aug 9, 2012
US
I have a system in a hotel that they just came out with new guidelines on their phone systems. They are required to have a phone that the only purpose for it is to ring if a 911 call is made (that's it). They have an extra 5340 sitting there so they want to use that.

My trouble is I am not exactly sure how to make it happen. I tried changing class of service and making it a sub-attendant but neither worked. So I hate to keep calling 911 testing it out if I don't have too.

I am sure it is probably a simple answer, it just seems to be escaping me.

I would create a seperate class of service form 3 with option 616 enabled and assign to the 5340. In form 26 nested 911 would have to be designated as "emergency". Then on the 5340 program one key as "alarm" under features.
The call will still go out to the 911 operator but the phone will alarm with the details of the room name and comments field if preceded by an @ sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back