Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xizziz

Programmer
Apr 25, 2005
US
This may sound strange, but the local police are supposedly receiving calls from our facility. The calls are showing up as being from one of our DIDs. When this first started happening, the particular DID in question was unassigned. I assigned it hoping that would solve the problem. It did not.

This continues to happen. The police are calling back that number and getting upset that it keeps showing up on their caller id as calling them.

Our vendor says it is AT&T where the problem is ocurring - somewhere in their database.

I am assuming that this one DIDs is showing up to the police as one of our trunk lines?

I'm really confused. Any help most appreciated!!

none of your trunks should show up as a did dn unless your sending clid to the did level.. i agree with the vendor, do a capture of your dch (ld 96) enl msgo x to prove the call is not from your site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hello John, this has happened to us in the past and also yesterday. I was just about to start a new thread on this issue when I saw this one.

From what the user is saying is that, we here dial a 3 for outside line, so he told me he dialed the 3 then the 1 and somehow the 1 key got stuck on it dialed a second 1, but unknownly, he continued to enter the other digits. According to the user the police showed up.

So John, where do I go to see when dialing a 3, for outside line, then 11 plus other digits would somehow route the call to 911?

This has happened 4 times in the past and it did show main number as the culprit.

Thanks In Advance,

Richard

Do you have ESA turned on in programing? Login to PBX and go to LD 24 and prt ESA. If ESA is programed then if you dial 3(AC1) and 11 then the call we go out as soon as the second 1 is dialed. With ESA turned on you have 3 digit access to reach emergency services. NTP# 553-3001-313.

Hello jbrown1217, thanks for the response. I am new at the phone system game. I inherited the phonse system from the person who left last August. But thanks to this forum I have survived for far.

I will go ahead and try your instructions.

Thanks.

Had this same problem, found out the local teleco did not have 311 in service (used for non emergency calls to the local police) so they where sending the caller to 911.

I went to ld 96 and was not sure what to put for channel - the only number that worked between 1 and 10 was 4 - so I used that - how do you know what the channel is supposed to be? The data which is being displayed looks greek so I was wondering if the number being displayed to the police station is xxx6026 - how would I know by this data whether or not the call is from my site?
Thanks again...

I must have gotten the right channel as I called 911 and this is the data which displayed... so if the offending number which the police see is 356-6026 - can I see if the problem lies in our switch from the data below?

911 CALL RECORD
TIME: 13:11:17 AUG 02, 2006
CUST: 0
NAME: TELECOM / WEB DESIGN
ORIG DN: 2158 DES: 3904
CALLING# COMP: 9206892158
TER RTMB: 0-41 ACOD: 7100
CALLED# SENT: 911
CALLING# SENT: 9206892158

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search