Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 issue. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebloome

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
I would like to set up our 911 calls to force a 9,911 when calling the emergency number. we have a lot of false calls from the phone center due to the fact that you only have to dial 911 instead of 9,911. The 911 is set up as a AC1,SPN in ld 90. Do I just remove the SPN for 911 calls to force the switch to accept 9,911 instead of just 911?

Actually, see if you have an SPN of "11" instead of "911" I would bet that AC1 is "9" so to access those SPNs, you dial AC1+SPN or "9"+"11". If you remove the "11" SPN, then people shouldn't be able to dial it.

Arch

this is the SPN that is set up.

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 2
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

so are you saying that if I OUT this SPN then the reps would have to dial 9,911?

No, I'm saying THAT SPN allows you to dial 9,911. I'm saying to print the spn of 11 and see what that says. If the SPN of 11 is not configured, then we'll have to look elsewhere.

Arch

correct someone has added 11 as an spn with a dgt table to del 2 add 911, very common. you could do it with a steering code acd cdn etc.. 1st print dnb for 11, dought if you see one. a spn is the normal palce to put it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i did find SPN 11

SPN 11
FLEN 0
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

so can i OUT this SPN to force 9,911?

I would think that would do it. Copy down how it's programmed. Out it. Dial "911" and see what happens. If that didn't solve the problem, then you might want to put it back in.

Arch

also make sure 911 is in the spn table. anytime you out anything do a file copy, keep it in a folder marked outed. that may save you a tough weekend. i out all disu sets, every week. i always keep the tnb in a file, using the dn as the file name. if i need to put one back in i have a place to start. worse case is we have used the dn, never been a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Jeb,

Something to think about when forcing dial to 9,911 instead of 911. I work for 911 PSAP (Public Safety answering Point). You take on the liability for your company when a caller cant dial simply 911 from your switch. If your actions slow the response time for emergency services or causes confusion when dialing 911 the company will be open to a lawsuit from the affected party. Cant you have the caller dial 911 you then transpose that into 9911. I have done this on an Avaya setup. I know that doesnt get rid of false alarms but would rather have that than being liable for someones death. It has happened, American Express comes to mind.

Mike

yes it's very simple, you just route spn 11, this tech is having trouble with mis-dials and management wants the 911, out. if you have instructions on the phone, your clear, one hosp used 5555 for er service, each phone was labeled

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you are interested, we can post a way of keeping both bu eliminate all false calls with the FLEN parameter. What it does is allow 911 ann 9,911 but if any subsequent digits are dialed afterwards the calls fail. 911 and stop dialing, the call goes out. 911x , x being any other digits, the call fails. Works great for eliminating 911 calls made by mistakes.

the flen setting bypassed the interdigit timer added to the end of dial timer.. knows your dialing x digits, so it routes when total digits =flen... it works either way, just v e r y v e r y s l o w without flen correct

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I want to thank everyone for their input on this. I was able to successfully remove the SPN 11 and modified the SPN 911 to go out the correct RLI without any other modifications. We did take the recommendation of labeling ever phone with "EMERGENCY 9911". Test this morning and all is well.

I'm having the same problem since we make international calls our employees forget to dial 9,011 and dial 911.

Could you explain to me where you change the FLEN. We have a contract with SBC but I want to be sure to give the Tech the right information.

what do you want the switch to do when a user dials 911? for a busy signal delete 11 as a spn, or if you want a ext to answer route it that direction with a dmi in the rlb that 11 is pointed to.. ld 90 prt spn. then print that rlb, in 86 that will point to a route and a dmi table.. that shows as a dmi table prt dgt in 86 and that is the actual number that is sent out..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We have a PBX Option 81C with E911 package.

What I want to do is if a person dials 91161292250200 to call Sydney it will not go out to E911. But if they dial 911 and no other numbers then it should go out to E911 Emergency Center.

I just configured our 81C to dial 911 as 9911 but I didnt get the prompt to Enter for FLEN? I was curious how to get that prompt also.

Thanks

We do have a SPN 911

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

So if the FLEN=3 would this allow both 911 or 9911 to be sent out but if the number string is longer, it will go nowhere. Am I understanding this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back