Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 false trouble calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manersj

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
is there someway using spm to log all calls besides the smdr feature that would show all the calls being made from each ext. someone is pissed off and calling 911 and hanging up

i dont know if it will record real short calls someones calling 911 and hanging up.

Yes, it can record short calls.

The timing is adjustable, but the DEFAULT is 40 Seconds.

You can set it as short as ZERO Seconds to pick up the really short calls.

The secret in this type of operation is to not mention to a SOLE at the site (except the Boss) about what you are doing.

And, you have to make sure he keeps his mouth shut as well.

If word gets out, then the problem will go away and the BAD ACTOR will never be caught.

You can also set up a LAPTOP to capture this SMDR Output, and with another trick or two, set it up to be accessed REMOTELY, so you can see what's happening while you are away.

GOOD LUCK!

where in winspm do i go to set the timer lower so that it picks up the shorter calls since they are calling then hanging up i dont think the smdr would show it.

You did not say which Merlin you're dealing with, but if it is a Magix, you may want to go to Tables-ARS-E911-Allow 11 and make sure it is disabled. By default it is set to enabled. I have had to disable it at several locations because of 'phantom' calls to 911.

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back