Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 dialing problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Hello all,

I have not had this issue with any other IPO I have installed and I am not sure what the issue is. I have a site with 3 sites in SCN. All sites are 406 V2 and 3.0.44

They tell me that if they dial "9" then "1" and pause to look at the number they are dialing the call proceeds to finish the dial to 911. The customer called Avaya and they told them to call us and it would be a simple short code fix. The only thing that I can think to do is write a new short code as [9]911 911 0 Dial but won't that turn it into dialing 9911?

Let me know what your thinking or if you have had this issue before or a better solution is available.

Thanks Guru's!!!

Try creating a shortcode that is [9]911, telephone number of 911, line group x, and feature dial emergency - also create one that is [9]11 ..... that is dial emergency as well.

Check your shortcodes to be sure that there is not a shortcode inserting a second 1 after the 91 it should be set up as [9}1N; then have it do 1N Dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back