Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIDCrane

Programmer
Mar 19, 2009
US
Have customer that is having a probelm with employess calling 911 (?). So he changed the system to require an 8 for an outside line. Now he has a problem when 811 is dialed it actually calls 911. Is there anything I can do to help this guy other than having him teach his employess about proper dialing technics? Thanks.

If that's the case the shortcodes are configured to make it dial 911 instead of 811. What are your Dial shortcodes (in system and ARS)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

customer doesn't give me remote access....anal. i will try to get a copy of the config. Is there anything that I can do off the 911 tab from the config tree that would alert an internal extension when 911 was dialed? Thanks.

Afraid not, that's often asked on here. You can capture who's doing it with Delta server or system status.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

your customer doesn't give you access????
tell them to go somewhere else, how do they expect to get service if they deny you access maybe they are OK with a netmeeting instead.
if they dial 811 and go to 911 then there is either a shortcode in the ARS
dial
line ID whatever
that needs to be deleted or somebody put in a system shortcode
dial
Line ID whatever
which is just as stupid

if you want to be nasty have them write down all system and ARS shortcodes and email it to you then you can see what is happening

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Crane......As I mentiond to Puter, try sending the customer a copy of TeamView. (Free on the net) Run it on the PC running Manager and your remote PC, and trap everything you need! TeamView will allow you to navigate the PC via remote and it also gives the customer the power to let you in when "they" run the program to allow you in. They're in control and it is totally safe. I have used it for a few of my accounts where their corp IT people wouldn't give me VPN access. Its smooth and goes through any fire wall.

Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back