Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 call alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwormo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
Hello,

I have a Nortel Networks Meridian phone system in a 615 room hotel, I believe it is running X11 release 25. We use meridian 2008 and 2016 phones. It also has a system for phone tracking/reports called zeta. Question being is there a way to have a phone ring if any phone in the building calls 911? or a way to make it print out? Any sort of notification? Or ideally call our security desk and let them know.

Thank You,
Brian Richter

You can do this if you have the ESA (Emergency Services Access) software packages 329 and 330.
This will give the On-site Notification (OSN) capabilities:

1. Buzz to a special key on a phone and display the DN and DES of the phone that called 911. The set buzzes continuously until someone acknowledges the call by pressing the OSN key.

2. Print an OSN000 message to a maintenance printer. The message looks like this:
*** OSN000 CUST 0 911 CALL ALERT
EXPDATA: 911 CALL RECORD
TIME: 14:17:28 FEB 02, 2005
CUST: 0
NAME: Kitchen
ORIG DN: 449 DES: B2R200
CALLING# COMP: 2345649
TER RTMB: 20-2 ACOD: 720
CALLED# SENT: 911
CALLING# SENT: NONE

OSN0000 RECORD END

Steamer

How would one program the switch to buz on a key on the attendant console?

I don't think you can do it on a console. You would have to have a separate set with a digit display.

Steamer

if you don't have those packages, i have programed spn 11, and 911 to two rlbs that deletes the digits and inserts the seven digit did of security. this cust had me put an extra did on several stations for that 911 call, the users where sending the did in the clid with pri's the security people knew the ext that made the call. this was a large chemical plant with 800 exten and very toxic areas. major security and a in house fire dept/paramedic center 7x24..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back