Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

90% CPU Processing at Store.exe. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scjlin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2003
US
This is a strange problem. I have Exchange 5.5 running on top of Windows NT. However since last week I have problem with store.exe. The problem is the exchange stop function when store.exe at 90% CPU processing time. After I reboot the exchange server it went back to normal and works. However, the problem will repeat at next day evening around 9 – 10pm. At 9pm I start getting all kind of errors:

MSExchangeIS Private Error: 1104 - Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred during a background cleanup on attachment 4a-1BD102B
MSExchangeIMC Error: 4117
MSExchangeIS Private Error: 1101 - Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 4a-1BD0FD2 during a background cleanup.

So I ran isinteg -pri -fix -verbose -l isinteg.log -test alltests and – pub. It fixes some problems in both pub and pri. However I keep getting

This error at the end of isinteg test:

First time isinteg log:
Error: Message[004A-0000015D4D7C].MsgRefCt: Failed to delete message table row (Unknown error)
Ref Check on Message table Cols returned Unknown error

. . . . . SUMMARY . . . . .
Total number of tests : 22
Total number of warnings : 24
Total number of errors : 4
Total number of fixes : 486
Total time : 3h:37m:13s

Second time isinteg log:
Error: Message[004A-0000015D4D7C].MsgRefCt: Failed to delete message table row (Unknown error)

Total number of fixes : 486
Total time : 3h:37m:13s

Please help me, any suggestions are appreciate

Thanks,

SL

Do you have some kind of antivirus scan scheduled to run on your private.edb at this time? I've seen a similar thing happen when the background scanning enabled in Computer Assoicates' InoculateIT Exchnange Option.

Cheers.

Thanks for replying. I confirmed no antivirus running (Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange) Exchange on the night. One day I even disable the antivirus service, but still getting high CPU process at store.exe around 9pm. Also my IS Maintenance is schedule on 6pm – 8pm daily.

Yes, I following KB 271984 and ran isinteg 3 times, but still getting the same error. Also KB 159297 is for Exchange 4.0 but I running 5.5 here.

Log file from isinteg:

Starting test 22 of 22, 'reference count verification'

Total number of fixes : 0
Total time : 3h:35m:55s

Thanks,

SL

Are you running ArcServe to backup this server?

Have you tried re-installing SP4 for Exchange?

No, I use NT backup to backup my IS and DS at afternoon. However, I used ARCServe long time ago and the service RPC agent still running in the Exchange server. Yes, did re-install Exchange SP4 but still getting same problem.

Thanks,

SL

Hi scjlin

I had the same error in the exchange 5.5, if you find the solution please tell me what did you do to solve it, and i will appreciate it.

best regards,
Suha

Okay this is how I did to fix my problem. The root problem of my exchange server was Corrupted and orphaned Long-Values in the database.

1. Run eseutil /mh to check database consistency of database.
Eseutil /mh c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv.edb > privmh.txt
2. Run isinteg to try to fix the problem but getting this error.
C:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -pri -fix -detailed -verbose -l c:\logs\isin.txt -test alltests
Error: Message[004A-0000015D4D7C].MsgRefCt:
3. Run consistent check, getting Orphaned Long-Vaules and terminated without logging any other additional information…….
Eseutil /g /ispriv /v /x > c:\privchk.txt
4. Run Defrag on ispriv to fix Orphaned LV. Since no more information was logging at consistent check, I can only assumed Orphaned LV is causing the problem.
Eseutil /d /ispriv > c:\priv-defrag.txt
5. Got terminated without, m.. not good, guess run repair.
6. Run repair and got half month of emails gone… OMG.
Eseutil /p /ispriv /x /v > c:\pri-repair.txt
7. Restore backup. back to step 4. (needs isinteg –patch after offline restoration) and run exmerge and extract those corrupted emails to temp folder.
8. Run repair again (Step 5).
9. Run isinteg to remove those unable open emails (corrupted email after running eseutip /p).
10. Import those extracted emails from step 6.
11. Run defrag again to remove any orphaned LV.

Note:
- This only apply to private IS not sure about public. I will use Outlook to export the public folder information.
- I ran these commands on the test machine before running on production server.
- Backup, backup, and backup.
- These commands are very time consuming.
- If any one knows any other way to fix or any suggestion please post it.

Resource:
KB195856
KB181824
KB185271
KB272570
KB174197
KB259688
Tek-tips.com and others.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search