Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9 route patten

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl300zx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2008
US
Hi
Current I have call manager 6.1, for the user to dail outside number thier have to dail 9 first, but having so much problem with 911 miss dail, I wonder why I have to use 9 to dail out, can I change to 8 or 7, also if I want to change this where in the call manager I do this, will this break the re-dail button, or any other consider I have to do before I can change? please help
Thank you
Kevin

You can change it to any number you wish as long as it is unique i.e you do not have any DN`s beginning with 7 , 8 etc or at least not 71, 81 as the "1" is the leading digit for the US - if you are in the US? In the route patterns you will have a pattern beginning with 9@. 8@ etc - change it to your preferred number but you must configure a 911 route pattern as well . Also the other concern is any call logger application as it may use the leading digit 9 for billing?

Can I also use * instance a 7 or 8 to dail out?
Thank you

Yes you can. IPTuser is correct also. You could use anything as long as it is unique to your dial plan.

I change the 9 to *xxx-xxxx, but I have problem the re-dial not work because all incoming call is show up with a 9 in font, is there a way I can change this.
Thank you

I would rather see you use 8@ instead of
*xxx-xxxx, just remember to setup route filter local.

Or just insert 8.XXXXXXXX descard pre dot....

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

The leading digit 9 is either based upn a translation Pattern - H323 GW check the configuration onteh GW and change it or it is set up on the Service Parms for CCM - search for something begining with "subscriber", "National" etc and you should see digt 9 - change it to 8

Seen like everything work fine, exxept the ATA 186 don't want to work, when I plug in anolog like to test I got dial tone, when I press * and 1234 then by the fifth digits I got busy signal, same with the IP phone when user press *1234678 then speaker button, sometime got through and sometime got busy signal by fifth digits.
Thank you

What are you trying to test with the *12345678 digits? Are you sure you do not have a route pattern, translation etc starting with *1234?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back