Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.5 and MS word normal dot template via IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

romualdezd

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
Hello:
We are about to transition from 9.1 to 9.5. When adding a new MS word document, my local normal (customized); dot template is not used. On the other hand, if adding a doc via Livelink Explorer, my normal dot template in my local drive is being utilized. How can I have Livelink utilize my local normal dot when adding a new document- accessing via web browser.

Thanks, Dwayne

I wouldn't worry too much about it as Opentext is moving away for using the dot template files anyway because of issues they've had with them. Explorer 4.6.1 is coming out next month and won't use them at all from what I've been told.

I'm sorry for not being clear. We are using the newest Livelink Explorer in our testing as well. You are correct, I am not experiencing this problem when I add documents via Livelink Explorer. It only happens (unfamiliar normal dot)when I add documents through Internet Explorer. Any suggestions, ideas? Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back