Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.4 vlan_off command

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Hi

I have an AX with MIVB 9.4.1.21 loaded but it appears to have a VLAN tag of 2

See below from boot up. I can access the console ok but cant access the server-manager or 3300. In the pre 9 SW you simply connected to the maint port and entered vlan_off but this does not work on 9.4

Thanks

Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram rw ip=192.168.1.2:192.168.1.43:192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0::eth0:eek:ff vlan=2 dropkts=0 console=ttyCPM1,9600 ramdisk_size=240000 mtdoops.mtddev=8

VLAN: Turning on vlan tagging with vlan id = 2

TRACE - zcVlanSwitch 1 00000002

Hi

Found it in the THB should have checked first.

mcdDebug vlan_reset or mcdDebug vlan_off

Thanks

I haven't tried this on your version but there was another vlan-related command in vxworks, "cv" which stands for "change vlan."
Enter "cv" (without quotation marks) and hit enter, it should clear the current vlan settings.
Entering "cv 2" would set the vlan to 2.

Hi Devolution

Well actually I ended up setting up VLAN 2 on my environment then accessed the 3300 CDE forms and changed it from VLAN 2 to VLAN 1 in the system IP properties form rebooted the controller.

I assume these commands work as they are in the 9.4 THB. I cant see anything on there that allows the change to the VLAN number just the mcdDebug vlan_off which seems to be the same as the old vlan_off command it that it's temporary and is lost after a reboot and the mcdDebug vlan_reset which need a reboot to take effect ?

Thanks

Hi Devolution

I also had this back from Mitel although I have not tried it ?

run the following command to modify the VLAN:

setenv vlan x

where x is the VLAN ID of the system

Thank you. I presume you would just enter "setenv vlan" without any value for "x" to remove the vlan altogether.

Not sure about that. My guess is that setenv vlan 1 would set it back to default as by default it is set to 1 in the system IP properties form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back