Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 SE 3rd party voicemail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaunymony

Programmer
Feb 25, 2010
US
Hi,

Got a question on shooting voicemail to a 3rd party provider. System currently at 9.1.4. What I have is a Server Edition and an Expansion. All extensions are on the Server Edition. Expansion is linked to 3rd party voicemail via E1 QSIG trunk. I have a shortcode, we will call 2300, that is setup on the Server Edition as:

2300/Dial/2300/99001 (99001 is the SCN to the Expansion)

At the expansion I then have:

2300/Dial/./3 (3 is the outgoing Line for QSIG)

When dialing 2300 from an extension the 3rd party VM picks up fine. I have voicemail unchecked on user tab and forward on no answer and busy set to 2300. Issue I'm having is when you dial a users extension and it goes to the forward on no answer/busy the system is sending the original dialing extension to 2300, not the called extension.

Example: 5800 calls 5801. When 5801 doesn't answer I'm then seeing the system send 5800 to 2300, not 5801 to 2300 so the 3rd party voicemail is going to the calling parties voicemail box, not the called parties voicemail box.

I'm guessing I need a character in my shortcodes to send that called parties extension across the QSIG, not the calling? Not sure what that would be though and am guessing someone on here has tackled this before?

Thanks in advance!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

You could use VM Pro instead.

Enable Voicemail on the user

Under "Default Start Point - Leave" make a transfer with destination 2300 and "Source of transfer" = $TARGET.
You can also make the Default Collect transfer to 2300 so they just press the VM Button to listen to voicemails.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I did try using VM Pro and for collect did a transfer to 2300 but for the source I just put the called parties extenison, not $TARGET, and that didn't work.

Cheers on the Leave action, was planning on that to make the message button work :)

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

• SS - Pass Through Calling Number
Pass through the Calling Party Number. For example, to provide the incoming ICLID at the far end of a VoIP
connection, a short code ? with telephone number .SS should be added to the IP line.

This may be what you want, not sure, give it a go

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Actually I just got this working 2 seconds ago. In my shortcode on the Server Edition:
2300/Dial/2300/99001
I changed to:
2300/Dial/2300SE/99001

Monitor traces it changed the called party on the expansion from the calling extension to the called extension. (I did test on my lab system and not customers as we need to swing the QSIG line to test. Will be doing this tomorrow to verify but based on monitor tracing I'm sure it'll work, if not I'll come back and change my tune!)

This makes sense as, per documentation, E means, "Replace with the Extension number of the dialing user". Since theoretically it's the called extension dialing the forward on busy/no answer we want to hold that dialing extension through the call setup. No change was needed on the Expansion system, 2300/Dial/./3 worked just fine as the calling party field is replaced up on the SE and passed down.

Thanks for the help/suggestions all!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

It still begs the question why are you using a 3rd party VM server?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I knew that question was coming. . ha!

It's what the customer had and is continuing on with. We are migrating from a CM to IPO but keeping existing 3rd party voicemail (office 365). No need to talk about why we should use VMPro and such, you'd be preaching to the choir!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

I bet they are having message waiting issues with the lamps not lighting when messages are left

It's what the customer had and is continuing on with.

At leats you are on server eddition so can migrate them to Pro when they start having issues such as Joe's prediction on Msg waiting lights without any additional cost

Good luck with this customer though , it sound like you may need it

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Their MWI currently do not work (existing 16xx series sets that we are keeping) and I have set the impression that they won't moving forward and they are fine with that and didn't expect them to. No worries there.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

... at least no worries for me!

And I'm with you, Guru, easy migration to IPO in the future. I'm already doing all their call routing and AA's through VMPro so I have that going for me and don't feel so bad having VMPro on a SE (with a backup server) not doing anything!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

(Their MWI currently do not work (existing 16xx series sets that we are keeping)wow what a strange way to do business, hope they are not in sales as I can see losing accounts because users did not know that they had a critical voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back