Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1.5.0 Lost all Hunt Groups in Config 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2006
US
Has anyone ever had all the hunt groups disappear in programming?

I had a client say they could not receive any calls but could make calls. I go check it out and all the hunt groups were gone, the system showed 0 hunt groups.

So naturally my incoming call routes pointed to a non existent group since they were gone . The only thing missing was the hunt groups all other programming was intact. I just uploaded a config from the last time I was on site and all was back to normal. System has embedded voicemail and Group mailboxes still had greetings and no messages were lost once I put the old config back in.

I checked the audit trail and I was the last user logged in and that was in April of 2016. The audit trail shows a warm reboot the night before the trouble started. I would venture to guess that it lost something in the config when it had its random reboot.

I took the system up to 9.1.8.0, but I have never seen this and was wondering what you guys think.

I disagree to a point
An IP Office is the type of equipment that should never be obtaining an address via DHCP.
It is a server & needs to remain on a fixed IP address to ensure that applications that need to connect to it can always find it.

the DHCP client option was only really there to make installation easy.

get address when connected to network so that engineer could access the unit & then set permanently.

yes the DHCP should work correctly & should not cause this type of error but it was probably never discovered by Avaya in field trials because it is as situation that should never occur.
thanks to IPOSS I doubt that anyone has bothered to escalate it to them.

Perhaps Signo should raisd it as a bug report, I cant as we do not have any systems setup this way.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I agree to a point :)

I always set it as static before finalizing install and agree on that.

The situation where it got me is recently I've been pre-programming a lot of systems for techs to take out.
I get everything going but with smaller installs (up to 20 sets) IT guy is typically not in-house and doesn't give us a static IP ahead of time. So tech goes out and boots up the system, then assigns static IP at the site... however they then lose the hunt groups.

Setting it as static ahead of time and having the tech change it would not be a problem, however you don't expect the setting to be faulty so it gets you and you are running around in circles trying to figure out the problem. Luckily we have tek-tips (and IPGuru thank you for your contribution on many of those, always very helpful).

Ultimately now that I know where the problem is it's easy enough to work around.

just installed one today and before I connected it to the network I found myself a static IP by scanning the network and looking where the DHCP address range is then I stayed nicely away from that with a static IP.
takes an extra 5 minutes but at least I have all my groups still :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Or, spend those 5 minutes drinking a brew/looking at the Receptionist having used the WAN/LAN2 port :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back