Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1.12 need SCN license

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,

Just got very confused, on another thread, someone was wanting more IP endpoint licenses.

Someone replied, "On R9 you can mix ADI and PLDS licenses.
And Avaya R10+ IP endpoint PLDS licenses work on R9 as well. (tried and tested).
So just order new licenses, create the license file and go."

So if this is true, can you also get SCN licenses, rather than upgrading to a 10/11?
This would be a huge savings to the customer.

We were told originally, if need to add anymore (of any kind) license to any system below 10, it needs to be upgraded.

We just got an order from a customer that has 9.1.12, VM/PRO, VM/PRO additional ports, & Additional PRI ports all ADI licenses.
They are looking to add two new offices both out of town, so needing at least a 4 port SCN license.

I have not had to do any upgrades from 9.1 to 10/11 yet & was somewhat fearful of doing so, with all the bad things I've read that doesn't go well, but thinking if it has to be done, then it has to be done.

I have installed the newer 11.0+ units & don't even see any huge newer features that my customer would use compared to the 9.1.12.

Thanks for all replies, or any questions, please ask.

Just because you can doesn't necessarily mean that you should. If you're buying new hardware, you run the risk of it shipping with newer firmware that the older releases of software won't be able to recognize.

In theory it could work with that logic. The upside is you don't have to upgrade, or if it doesn't work you already have half of the required licensing. The downside is you may open the customer up to unforeseen technical issues?

Give it a shot and give us a status update? :D

Thanks Nutritional,

The only new hardware would be for the new locations, I would probably just set those to a 10.0.
This would cover where Avaya says not having system's revisions to far apart, like an 8.1 SCNed to an 11.
This would be 9.1.12 to the 10.xxx

I'll wait & see if others reply & go from there.

Might be better just to do my first upgrade & then can say I did it.
Hopefully then not be so fearful if/when I have to do one, which will probably happen sooner than later.

Keep you updated & thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back