Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.0 out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmany

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2007
CA
9.0 is finally out and ready for download. Anyone want to be the test site?

Comes in as 9.0.0.41.

Thanks Paterson! needed a chuckle today.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Just took a peek at the release notes, looks like the rumors are true, and 9.1 will REQUIRE 512mb of RAM. This is going to cause a lot of heartburn for a lot of customers out there, I hope there's some really good stuff in that release to help justify forklifting a huge installed base.

oh dear. is there a way of finding out what memory is in the controller?? im guessing it shows on bootup? can you input a command or find out without rebooting?

ta

Check the 9.0 release notes. Basically anything older than the 512MB LX has only 256mb and will need to be forklifted to support 9.1 (100 user, 250 user, MX, older LX).

Can someone post the release notes?

Thanks

Seems to have a "Copyright" statement on it. If you have access to Mitel Online you should be able to download it and resd it.

No online account. Just interested to see if its worth the update.

What are you running now? I'm on 8.0, and there's nothing big in 9.0 to push me to upgrade. I'll do it when/if I'm forced to, either to resolve an issue or to continue receiving support.

Also, the corresponding Enterprise Manager/OpsManager upgrade requires a new license.

does anyone actually know the reasons why 9.1 requires 512mb ram. is there some fancy features that require the extra memory? are mitel still going to support 256mb systems?

from what ive seen mitel have said this is going to happen but havent explained why? or the benefits of it?

anyone any ideas?

The 512 meg of RAM is probably just due to the growth of the system. If you were not already aware, the entire system runs from RAM. If you were to pull the harddrive while the system was running the system would continue to function. Added functionality has obviously stretched the RAM requirements beyond the 256 that currently exists.

As for the EMAN requiring a new licence, True, but it is $0.00 so just paperwork required.

Lundah,

I am on 8.0.9.20. Not sure what actual release that is. I was hoping for some more SIP support. If there are no big changes I might just wait for 9.1 which I heard will be 1qtr 09. I think there is supposed to be some improved SIP support in that release.

The RN doesn't mention anything about enhancements to SIP support, the biggest thing is the availability of the DSP II module which is required for T.38 FAX support.

the other big thing over here is the ability to lock the phone in 9.0. geez users have been complaining because Mitel didn't support that...

were new mitel customers within the last few months and were mislead by out installers and had ported all of our faxing over to our 2 pri's only to find out afterwards that the t.38 wasn't available until 9.0 and after just finishing reading through the release notes it sounds like i'm going to need more than software to make it work. From what i've been reading it needs the DSP II card in each of your controller's.

The way we are setup right now we have two 3300 mx's setup as trunking gateways with a single pri in each and an mxe server with 2 fully loaded ASU nodes and 3 remote sites each with CXi 's at them.

Does this mean i'm going to need 7 DSP II cards? plus licence's for each of those cards based on the number of fax trunks i want to be able to use?

Right now we have been getting by without our trunking gateways and just running the 2 pri's right into our mxe server where the asu's are and then for the remote sites with bring the call into the pri and then route it back out the pri to a temporary copper line at the remote site where it comes back into the cx control and finally out to the fax machine.

Chad,

I suggest you start a new post.

Also you need to watch your terminology. A MXe "Server" does not support any analog or PRI connections.

I assume you meant MXe controller (700 or 1400) as opposed to the MXe server (can be called MCD Mitel Communication Director)

You can use Fax without the new DSP II's as long as you do not route the call over IP. Make sure you have a PRI connected to the controller with the ASU's for FAX and you won't have any problems.

Fax Over IP is highly over rated.

kwbMitel,
Thanks for that info. As i said earlier we are a fairly new mitel customer so i'm still learning all the correct terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back